North Salon Eyelash Policies
- Please arrive five minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Please come with all makeup up and mascara removed from your eyelashes. Appointments are booked for minimal removal of older extensions and application only. Excessive cleaning and makeup removal can cut into your application time.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. We understand there may be emergencies, so first time cancellation or no shows are not charged. We love our clients and want to be understanding; however, those appointments could go to other waitlisted guests. Therefore, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged for ongoing cancellations within the 24-hour time frame. More than two no-shows can result in an inability to enjoy future North Salon services.
- Skin sensitivities and allergies are extremely rare and your safety and care are of utmost concern.
- We use the highest quality products and the most up-to-date techniques and sanitation protocols in the industry. However, North Salon is not liable for reaction due to our products. If you are concerned, we recommend a patch test 24 hours before your appointment. Please call to schedule.
Eyelash Extensions After Care
- Now that you have fuller, longer lashes take note of these tips to maintain them. With proper care and fills your eyelashes can lash indefinitely.
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first 24 hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 48 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application, you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed, use a clean spoolie given to you during your appointments to gently brush the straight and put them in place. You can purchase a longer life coating to extend the wear of your eyelash extensions in between touch ups.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep eyelashes clean by regular washing. We have a special eyelash cleanser at North Salon.
- Use only mascaras that are safe for eyelash extensions, no oil-based or waterproof mascaras. We have extension safe mascara available for purchase at your appointment. Only apply the mascara to the ends of your extensions, not to the base of your lash as this may cause excess build up that is difficult to remove.
- After showering, avoid rubbing eyelashes. It is best to let them air dry or place a blow dryer on gentle cool cycle and blow dry them from bottom up at arm’s length.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Keep application to orbital bone just below eyebrow. Do not place on eyelids and gravity will move the product into your lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- Book facial appointments the day before or day of your lash appointment. If steam is applied and loosens any lashes, you are coming in for your touch up so no need to worry! Otherwise, please direct your esthetician of your eyelash extensions so that they may apply protective guards.
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are an advanced technique that lengthens and thickens eyelashes. They are single strands of lashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. North Salon uses only the highest quality extensions in faux mink and silk. You can absolutely feel the difference.
Can I use eyelash growth products with my extensions?
Absolutely! However, lash growth products that contain steroids change the composition of your lashes and accelerate your eyelash shedding cycle, therefore we cannot guarantee the outcome. Natural lash growth products containing peptides are wonderful and will have no adverse effect on the longevity of extensions.
What is a touch-up and how often should I get one?
After our initial set of eyelash extensions, you will receive instructions on how to care for them. Touch-ups are done every two to four weeks depending on care and how quickly your eyelashes grow. An eyelash extension touch up can take approximately 45-75 minutes depending on type of eyelash extensions.
What is the difference between Classic and Volume Extensions?
With Classic Eyelash Extensions, eyelash extensions of differing diameters, lengths, and curl patterns are individually placed on each of your natural eyelashes. Eyelashes are placed only on the natural lash, never to the skin, as this can cause damage and irritation. Volume Eyelash Extensions are ultra-fine, lightweight eyelash extensions that are placed in 2D, 4D, or 6D flares on each of your natural lashes. This creates a more dense base with feathery end look. Volumes are great for a more voluminous look; however, also wonderful for those with ultra-fine, short lashes. Volume Lashes will offer the visible effect you are seeking.
Do Eyelash Extensions damage my own eyelashes?
We at North Salon believe that our beauty services should accentuate your natural beauty, while maintaining the integrity of your lashes, hair and skin. Therefore, our technicians are highly trained to not only make your eyelashes look amazing, but in protecting their health at the same time.
How will they look and feel?
At each appointment, you and your skilled technician will have a thorough collaboration on your desired and recommended look. Your end result can be as natural and light or full and voluminous as is recommended.
How long will my initial appointment take?
We take an artisan approach to our customers and will not rush your appointment. You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 75-120 minutes. Unlike some salons, we do not count eyelashes. A full set is a full set. We will use as many as are needed to create the right look for you. When you are happy, we are happy!
A friend of mine is allergic to the products, is this common?
True allergic reactions do happen, but are rare. If you have experienced lifelong allergies to adhesives, you likely are not a candidate for eyelash extensions. To be safe, we recommend coming in 24 hours before your first appointment to do a patch text. If you have developed an allergic reaction you may still wear extensions with some changes made to the aftercare process. What is more common is an eye infection due to improperly washing and caring for your lashes. Wash your eyelashes so that you do not experience buildup of makeup, dust, particles. Just like your skin or hair, eyelashes should be cleaned. North Salon carries a recommended lash cleaner for home use.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your eyelash extensions, but for nights that you want extra “drama” you can use a water-based mascara.
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly applied and cared for, your eyelash extensions will last between two and four weeks. You will lose eyelash extensions over that period for multiple reasons. Primarily due to the natural growth cycle, after-care, and lifestyle. Just as there is a natural growth cycle to your hair (your hair sheds, but is replaced with new hair), your eyelashes experience the same cycle, only shorter (approximately 45-60 days). Due to the natural growth cycle, as your natural eyelashes shed they take the extensions with them. Caring for your eyelash extensions is extremely important. Please see after care section on how to properly care for your eyelash extensions to maximize longevity. Lastly, certain lifestyles may require more frequent touch-up appointments than others (e.g., Frequent eye rubber, extremely active (especially hot yoga), or sleep patterns (sleep with face in pillow). However, they are worth it!
Error: Access Token for northauthentic is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.